Sunday, September 23, 2012

Chapter One: Messing with John (part one)

For those of you that know me, you are completely aware of my affinity for humor. If you don't know me, there is a good chance you're Asian. I mean, I don't personally know a lot of Asian people, and let's face it- there's a pretty large amount of statistical data to support my theory. Also, I never know if I need to count my Indian friends as Asian...

My point is there are two benefits you gain when we become friends. One, you'll be able to count on me for anything. Two, my life goal is to make you laugh. That being said, sometimes one friend will get used to make the other friend laugh. There's nothing I can do about it. It's the circle of life. Blame the Lion King.

This post will be the first of many that shows (through video) the many ways our friend group dynamic operates. This first set of videos, that I have titled "John Gets Caught," includes me catching one of my best friends, John, singing along in the shower when he thinks he's home alone. "Who cares?" "Why is that funny?" you may ask. Well, for one, stop asking me questions before I finish my story. And for another, it's not the fact that he's singing; it's what he's singing.

We have a best friend who just happened to win Season 8 of the television show American Idol. Whether you love or hate the show or the music or Kris or pop culture, is irrelevant. What you do need to understand to appreciate the humor is that when your friend has a platinum-selling album, any mutual friend who is caught singing to said album in the shower... needs to be called out.


There are definitely more of these videos to come...

1 comment:

  1. You're willingness to exploit your friend's moments of weakness for the good of the rest of mankind warms my heart. You'll be the among the first I share with when I catch my friends being ridiculous. Given the amount that my friends drink, I'll get back to you in 3.17 seconds.

    ReplyDelete